|Schurmann Counselling Services|| |
199 Snowdon Cir.
Phone: (905) 944-1711|
Fax: (905) 944-1911
Type of Service: Counselling/Therapy
List of Services: Individual, couple and family counselling in areas related to depression, anxiety, anger, stress, addiction, bereavement, chronic pain, marital, separation/divorce, ADD/ADHD, children, adolescents, parenting, finances, spirituality, trauma, sexual issues and work/life balance
Fee Structure: $100.00/session negotiable. Services are also covered by: WSIB, Great West Life Insurance, Liberty Health, Toronto Teacher's Federation, Canadian Auto Workers (CAW), Canadian Pacific Railway, Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU), Bank of Montreal, Air Canada, Bank of Canada, Imperial Oil, Export Development Corporation, Nova Chemicals, Association of Management, Administrative and Professional Crown Employees of Ontario (AMAPCEO).
Names of Staff and their Qualifications:|
- Master of Social Work -- Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON -- 1998
- Bachelor of Social Work with Honours -- York University, Toronto, ON -- 1996
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology -- Trinity Western University, Langely, BC -- 1990
- Member of the Ontario Association of Professional Social Workers
- Certificate of Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers. Certificate #: 320523.
Supervised Training Experiences:
- Child, adolescent and adult mental health training at The Scarborough Hospital: General Division - Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatric Clinic -- (1998 - 1999).
- Associate member-in-training with the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Ongoing training in the areas of: ADHD, depression, anxiety, marital and family work, models of therapy and spiritual issues.
- Clinical Social Worker/Therapist -- Private practice, Scarborough, ON -- (1998 - present)
- Caseworker/Social Worker -- Metro Toronto Social Services, Toronto, ON -- (1991 - 1998)
- MSW Social Worker -- Jewish Family and Child Services, Toronto, ON -- (1997/98)
- BSW Social Worker -- Etobicoke Board of Education, Toronto, ON -- (1996)
John Schurmann is a Christian, clinical social worker, family therapist and parent with a wide range of experience. Since 1990, John has been involved in helping people resolve their difficulties through a holistic approach to counselling.
John' s Commitment to Counselling:
- to collaborate with you to determine the most effective approach to address your unique needs.
- to work with you on a personal level, helping to identify underlying concerns and difficulties, including family-of-origin issues.
- to utilize a holistic approach, integrating the physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and inter-personal aspects of your human personality.
- to assist in exploring your personal strengths and the spiritual dimension of your personality.
- to foster healthy emotional and spiritual expression.
- to promote greater self-awareness of your talents, matched to education and career options.
- to provide a safe atmosphere of confidentiality which encourages trust, self exploration and healing.